Re: Parse error attempting to resize font (1.4.12/Windows)

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Parse error attempting to resize font (1.4.12/Windows)
Date: 16 May 2002 06:48:46 -0400

>>>>> "Han-Wen" == Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:

    Han-Wen> I didn't have time to write a reply myself, but this slashdot
comment
    Han-Wen> excellently summarizes why I think that XML for lilypond is a
complete
    Han-Wen> waste of time:

I agree with that for now.  However, I look forward to a time when
there's a music XML that is standardized enough that all serious
notation programs use it as an interchange format.  At that time, we
would want there to be xml2ly and ly2xml programs.

The current _de facto_ interchange format is MIDI, and there just
isn't enough notation information in MIDI.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
(If I haven't invited you to my party on June 2, I'm sure it's an oversight.)