Re: lilypond drum problem(?)

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: lilypond drum problem(?)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:53:10 +0200

Jan already explained the reason for your problem.

Joerg Anders wrote:

 bcc = {
 \property Voice.NoteHead \set #'style = #'xcircle
 }
 btr = {
 \property Voice.NoteHead \set #'style = #'triangle
 < \bcc b \btr as' >

That won't work. You cannot in the same context have different styles simultainously. You need to put the different notehead styles in different threads:

bcc = {
  \context Thread = xcircle
  \property Thread.NoteHead \set #'style = #'xcircle
}
... etc.

Btw, I think that you should use the drum-notation-scheme demonstrated in input/test/drums.ly I am working on a "real" implementation - hopefully for 1.6, otherwise later - but the notes themselves should be downwards compatible so the changes needed to upgrade to the new system will be small and easy.

-Rune