Re: Lilypond build trouble

From: Carl McTague
Subject: Re: Lilypond build trouble
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 07:55:09 -0400

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 11:47:58AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Carl McTague <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >   address@hidden(lilypond-1.5.59) where gcc c++
>
> where?
>
> You're not using zsh as /bin/sh, are you?  I very much doubt that
> autoconf can handle that.
>
> Anyway, a fix for ash as /bin/sh is now in CVS.  Thanks for the report.

I'm using tcsh, but I just tried with bash and the same thing happens:

  WARNING: Please consider installing optional programs:  pktrace makeinfo 4.1
(installed: found)

  ERROR: Please install required programs:  gcc 2.8 (installed: found) c++ 2.95
(installed: found) bison 1.25 (installed: found) guile-config 1.3.4 (installed:
found)

I'm pretty sure I have good old sh, but I can't seem to find a
--version type argument to check; I at least have the manpage!

Thanks again,
  Carl