Re: Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 02:07:08 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

I have a file, which would not compile thou the end, but only until a certain
point. It crashes during the LaTeX portion:

I have just experienced the same problems with a HUGE file. (48 staves with one voice in each, 385 measures. Should I just give up, or should I keep struggling? I REALLY need the output!)

Increase your tex main memory (/etc/texmf.cnf),

No file there (redhat 7.1)
I found a texmf.cnf in /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
but changing the main_memory in there didn't do anything.
A comment in the file says that if changes don't take effect one chould redump the file. What the #ยค%#%& does that mean?
(Btw, running under 1.4 because of vertical spacing problems of 1.5)

-Rune