Question for Lilypond Windows users

From: Carlos Garcia Suarez
Subject: Question for Lilypond Windows users
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 08:40:21 +0200

I currently use use version 1.4.12 under Windows 2000 with the cygwin.

I am considering upgrading to later 1.5.xxx version through compilation in Windows.

However, I am not a software programmer and I am afraid that even if do as the described in the web page something might fail and then not only I would not have the new version but but my current 1.4.12 could stop working also if there is any file affected.

I would like to hear from regular Windows users if they sucessfully compiles 1.5.xxx under windows without much difficulty and if they had problems running still the old 1.4.12 version.

Is it possible to have 2 versions of Lilypond running?

Thanks

Carlos