Re: splitting .ly files into chunks

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: splitting .ly files into chunks
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:51:08 +0000

Take a look at sly.txt.  This topic is *done*.

Make a copy of your .sly score with howsoever many
bars in it you want and run sly to make the parts,
and you don't have to touch the .ly file.

sly mast8bars masterpiece
ly2dvi masterpiece.ly
xdvi masterpiece.dvi

or

sly mast16bars masterpiece
ly2dvi masterpiece.ly
xdvi masterpiece.dvi

or myscript mast24bars

cat mast16bars.sly >> mast8bars.sly to assemble
the score.  Or do it in the editor.  You don't
mess with the .ly file at all.

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:28:56 Felipe Massia Pereira wrote:
> The advantage is that you dont need to modify the files, but only the
> command line. You could also write a mekefile to generate it
> automatically.
>
> But you are right: it's preciousism of my.
>
> []s
> --
> Felipe Massia Pereira <http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~ra000493>
> CS MSc Student @ IC-UNICAMP
>
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Rune Zedeler wrote:
>
> > Felipe Massia Pereira wrote:
> > > I think he could comment out the \includes he does not want to
> hear. A
> > > better way to do it would be pre-process the file someway.
> >

> > I don't see why this is better than
> >
> > \include "part1.ly"
> > \include "part2.ly"
> > \include "part3.ly"
> >
> > What is the propblem in inserting comments in before the includes
> that
> > you don't want to hear?
> >
> > Ofcourse the files are
> >
> > part1.ly:
> > voiceone = \notes { ... }
> > lyricsone = \lyrics { ... }
> > voicetwo = \notes { ... }
> >

> > part2.ly:
> > voiceone = \notes { \voiceone ... }
> > lyricsone = \lyrics { \lyricsone ... }
> >
> > etc.
> >

> > -Rune

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden