problem compiling lilypond

From: Ben Crowell
Subject: problem compiling lilypond
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:19:55 -0700

Hello,

        I'd appreciate any help you could give with compiling lilypond. I do
``configure'',
and it works. When I do ``make'', I get a bunch of output, ending in the
following:

bison -d parser.yy
parser.yy contains 2 shift/reduce conflicts.
mv parser.yy.tab.h out/parser.hh
mv: cannot stat `parser.yy.tab.h': No such file or directory

I'm compiling lilypond 1.4.8 on Linux (Mandrake). I think I have all the
software
that's supposed to be needed: teX, GUILE, etc.

        (BTW, I couldn't tell from the INSTALL.txt file or from the lilybond
website
whether address@hidden was a mailing list, or an address that would
go to a particular person, and if it's a mailing list,
it would also be nice if it could state whether
e-mailing to this list would result in one's non-spamproofed e-mail address
being posted on the web.)

        Thanks in advance for any help!

        Ben Crowell