string substitution, transpose, auto-time

From: Felipe Massia Pereira
Subject: string substitution, transpose, auto-time
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 06:37:10 -0300 (EST)

Hello,

I have these 3 questions...

1) what's the best way to use string substitution, I mean something like:

tune = "c"

soprano = \notes \transpose $tune {...}
alto = \notes \transpose $tune {...}

2) What's the best way to transpose a whole score? Should I put a
\transpose on every expression? Can I do it in the global variable?

3) I read in documentation that I could use addLyrics with \notes instead
of \lyrics. I would use it with an alto voice that has the same timing of
the soprano voice (in fact, all voices have the same timing). Is there a
way so I can type the timing only once? e.g.

soprano = \notes { g2 g8 g8 f8 f8 | ... }
alto = \notes { ees ees ees c c | ... }

tia!

--
Felipe Massia Pereira   <http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~ra000493>