Re: stumped and impatient

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: stumped and impatient
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:25:17 +0200

I really hope the documentation also says that the
-fps option is still in a very experimental state.
Also, the PS files produced this way will only work
if you have Type1 version of the fonts installed and
some environment variables set so that Ghostscript
can find them. The conclusion is: don't try to use -fps!

>From the previous emails, it looks as if your teTeX
installation is broken. All Linux distributions I've
seen provide a nice teTeX installation and I think
almost all of them include the geometry.sty file that
seemed to be missing on your machine. What distribution
do you use?
Please make sure that you have a full teTeX installation
(it may be split into several packages) and that the commands
latex sample2e
xdvi sample2e
display a short document on the screen.

Once teTeX is correctly in place, you should be able
to run 'ly2dvi -P yourmusic.ly' without problems.

   /Mats