Release candidates for 1.6 (was: output png)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Release candidates for 1.6 (was: output png)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:47:16 -0700

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:14:47 +0200 (MET DST)
Maurizio Tomasi <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I'd like to output a small snippet of score as a png image (discussing the
> > range of a cello, \score{\notes{a'''}}} ).  Is there a nice way to do this?
> > I can go from dvi to ps to png, but surely there's an easier way to generate
> > graphics (given how many are on the website!)
>
> I think that the `--preview' option of ly2dvi could be useful in your
> case: it will render a PNG preview of the first line of your score. You
> can use `--preview-resolution=RES' to select the resolution you want.

I spent a few minutes wondering how I could have missed that option before I
thought to check out the development version.  :)

Which brings me to another question: will there be "semi-stable" releases of
the 1.5 strand before 1.6 is released?  I'm not that good at dealing with
compilation problems and the usual devel stuff, but I have a fair amount
of music (website waiting for 1.6, since it seems to be close :)  that I can
throw at 1.5.  Some of my music is fairly complex, too.

If that's not planned, how hard is it to maintain a stable-lily and devel-lily
on the same box?  I think I could manage to keep the binaries seperate, but
I don't know how I'd deal with the fonts.

- Graham Percival