Re: Re[2]: website suggestion

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Re[2]: website suggestion
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 01:33:16 -0700

On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:28:48 +0200
J <address@hidden> wrote:
> GH> you feel great when your patch is added to CVS.  *grin*
> You sound like one of those member recruiters in sects and cult :-)

Well, somebody has to do it.  Besides, it's true.  :)

(ok, nobody *has* to do it; Lily works quite well without cult
rcruiters.)

> The thing is that the manual is automatically fractionned (by chapter,
> section all those pages -- so normally, there should only one big
> (huge) document with everything in it, which is the case at:
> http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond.html
> So it's Texinfo (I'm guessing), who divides the manual and -- but I'm
> not an expert -- I don't think that the titles could be specified in
> the source file itself, obligating you to modify every Lilypond HTML

I found this:
@html
<!--- @@WEB-TITLE@@=Reference Manual --->
@end html

and I assumed that if you changed the Web-Title throughout refman, it
would change the titles only for the specified section.  I didn't
test it, though.

> page after every release. Of course, there probably is a way to get
> Texi2html (is it?) to name the pages after the sections or chapter it
> represents, and that's the only useful thing to do concerning that
> `problem'.

It would be nice if it could be done automatically, but adding the
titles manually isn't that much work.  I'm going to be reading
the whole manual section by section anyway; copy&pasting the
web-title stuff and changing the string isn't a big deal.  But
I still think it's a nice "introductory" project -- very much
like the Kernel Janitor stuff.

Cheers,
- Graham