RE: New user with questions.

From: Weintraub, Keith [EM]
Subject: RE: New user with questions.
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:28:49 -0400

Folks,
        Thanks for all of the replies and help. I got what I want although
I'm not that happy with the way it was formatted. Especially the spacing
before the second clef on the line.

I used lilypond-book. If anyone knows how to get the same result (for the
music not necessarily the text) in plain lilypond I would love to see the
answer.

This is very simple stuff. The idea was to calculate which notes needed
accidentals using the half-step/whole-step view (H/W) of the major scales.
That is WWHWWWH. Then write the correct key-signature at the end of the
line. I cheated a bit and let lilypond put in the key sig.

Is there a way to put just an accidental (no note) at a given position?

I include my lilypond-book document below (I know I could have given a
shorter example to show my point). I hope this helps someone else. Let me
know if you have comments or suggestions.

Thanx,
KW

Here is my lilypond-book document:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\begin{document}
\setlength{\parindent}{0pt}
\thispagestyle{empty}
\subsection*{The Major Keys With Sharps}

C-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        c1 d1 e1 f1 g1 a1 b1 c1 s4 \clef treble}
    }
\end{lilypond}

G-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        g1 a1 b1 c1 d1 e1 fis1 g1 s4 \clef treble \key g\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

D-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        d1 e1 fis1 g1 a1 b1 cis1 d1 s4 \clef treble \key d\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

A-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c'' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        a1 b1 cis1 d1 e1 fis1 gis1 a1 s4 \clef treble \key a\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

E-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        e1 fis1 gis1 a1 b1 cis1 dis1 e1 s4 \clef treble \key e\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

B-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c'  {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        b1 cis1 dis1 e1 fis1 gis1 ais1 b1 s4 \clef treble \key b\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

F$\sharp$-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        fis1 gis1 ais1 b1 cis1 dis1 eis1 fis1 s4 \clef treble \key
fis\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

C$\sharp$-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c'' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        cis1 dis1 eis1 fis1 gis1 ais1 bis1 cis1 s4 \clef treble \key
cis\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

\pagebreak

\subsection*{The Major Keys With Flats}

F-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        f1 g1 a1 bes1 c1 d1 e1 f1 s4 \clef treble \key f\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

B$\flat$-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c'' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        bes1 c1 d1 ees1 f1 g1 a1 bes1 s4 \clef treble \key bes\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

E$\flat$-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        ees1 f1 g1 aes1 bes1 c1 d1 ees1 s4 \clef treble \key ees\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

A$\flat$-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c'' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        aes1 bes1 c1 des1 ees1 f1 g1 aes1 s4 \clef treble \key aes\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

D$\flat$-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c' {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        des1 ees1 f1 ges1 aes1 bes1 c1 des1 s4 \clef treble \key des\major}

    }
\end{lilypond}

G$\flat$-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c''  {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        ges1 aes1 bes1 ces1 des1 ees1 f1 ges1 s4 \clef treble \key
ges\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

C$\flat$-Major:
\begin[16pt]{lilypond}
    \score {
        \notes \relative c''  {
        \property Current.TimeSignature \unset
        \property Current.defaultBarType = #""
        ces1 des1 ees1 fes1 ges1 aes1 bes1 ces1 s4 \clef treble \key
ces\major}
    }
\end{lilypond}

\end{document}