Re: drum notes in parentheses?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: drum notes in parentheses?
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 14:34:14 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> > can you check whether this function works for you?
>
> Nope, same result (apart from the corrected stem attachment, ofcourse).
> Seems like the override/revert somehow goes wrong.
> I cannot understand what happens - the drum scheme functions do not
> change the 'molecule-callback ...

No, but they change the NoteHead definition at Thread level,
overriding the molecule-callback setting at Voice level. I think
make-head-type-elem should insert an \outputproperty instead, as it
does something different per note head. Also, it seems that the
current code keeps extending the NoteHead definition, without every
reverting anything.

Another option is to set a music property 'style in the note-head
request, and use that in the notehead engraver. Final option: make a
separate drum-head-engraver and drum-head-performer and postpone the
translation to the interpretation stage. Advantages: this is cleaner,
and you don't need a separate MIDI block to get the instrumentation
right.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen