Re: Help on installation - Can't find function `int isinf(...)'

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help on installation - Can't find function `int isinf(...)'
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:30:25 +0200

You did use the gcc compiler, did you?

I don't have access to Solaris myself, but checked in Google
and found some answers indicating that isinf is not standardized
enough to appear on all systems, for example Solaris.

According to an old FAQ entry, the following workaround
can be used

    #include <ieeefp.h>

    int isinf(double x) { return !finite(x) && x==x; }

configure does indeed check if isinf is available and
defines a HAVE_ISINF preprocessor macro. If you
manage to solve the problem in some appropriate
lily/include/*.hh file please send a patch so other
Solaris users can avoid the same problem.

  /Mats