Re: Installation question: lilypond doesn't work, but ly2dvi does

From: Rachel Willmer
Subject: Re: Installation question: lilypond doesn't work, but ly2dvi does
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:36:54 +0100

At 09:15 20/09/02, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Did you really use the
lilypond-1.x.xx/buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile
file, it looks as if you used the skeleton version
lilypond-1.x.xx/buildscripts/lilypond-profile.sh

and Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

They should have been changed.  Could it be that you installed the
input (buildscripts/lilypond-profile.sh) instead of the generated
script: buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile?

yup, you both got it in one. That was exactly what I had done, it all works beautifully now

I know what I must have done, its a combination of not reading the INSTALL.txt closely enough, and using the filename completion features of bash to save time, which would have led me to copying the wrong file across - the documentation is clear enough.

Might be worth adding a comment into the lilypond-profile.sh file to the effect of "if this is in your /etc directory, you've copied the wrong file" ? - just a thought...

thanks for your help
Rachel