Lyrics spacing with lilypond 1.6.4

From: Alois Steindl
Subject: Lyrics spacing with lilypond 1.6.4
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:56:23 +0200

Hello,
this week I tried the cygwin port of the new version 1.6.4 with a little song.
Since the letters of the lyrics overlap each other, I assume that I have to
set some flag to change the spacing rule (from note-length proportional to
(maximum) word-width).
Is there any flag for archieving sufficient space (except placing many breaks,
which the yields very large space for long notes with short text)?

Best wishes
Alois

\header {
%        title = "Der schlafende Apfel "
        tagline = " "
}
\paper{ papersize = "a4"
        textheight = \vsize - 2.0 \cm}
\include "paper20.ly"
\include "deutsch.ly"
%\include "banter.ly"
melody = \notes
        \relative c'' {
                \property Staff.AutoBeaming = ##f
                \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
%       \partial 4
        \property Score.midiInstrument = "alto sax"
        \property Score.midiInstrument = "banjo"
%       \time 4/4;
%       \property Staff.timeSignatureStyle = "4/4"
        \key g \major
        \time 2/4
        d8 d e e | d4 h | c8 c a a |
        g2 | d'8 d e e | d d h4 | c8 c a a | g2
 \bar "|."
}

text = \lyrics < {
            \context LyricsVoice = "Soprano-1"
            \property LyricsVoice .stanza = "1:"
            \property LyricsVoice .stz = "(1)"
        \property Lyrics . LyricText \override #'alignment = #0
Lie- ber, lie- ber Ap- fel, bist so schön und
rund und die Mut- ter hat ge- sagt, Äp- fel sind ge -- sund.
}
{
            \context LyricsVoice = "Soprano-2"
            \property LyricsVoice .stanza = "2:"
            \property LyricsVoice .stz = "(2)"
        \property Lyrics . LyricText \override #'alignment = #0
Lie- ber, lie- ber Ap- fel, spring doch gleich vom Baum!
Schau, ich halt die Schür- ze schon un- ten an dem Saum.
}

\score {
        \simultaneous {
%         \accompaniment
%          \context ChordNames \accompaniment
          \addlyrics
             \context Staff = mel
             {
                \melody }
             \context Lyrics \text
        }
                          \midi  { \tempo 4=120}
%        \paper { linewidth = 13.0 \cm }