transposed part

From: David Bobroff
Subject: transposed part
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 00:05:26 +0000

I would like to extract a part from my score and traspose it.  The score is
prepared according to the "orchestral score" model in the manual.  That is,
all the music information is in one file, and the score definition is in
another.  Making a part is a simple matter of creating, essentially,
another score definition file for each separate part.  Fine so far.  Now I
want some of the parts transposed.  The problem I run into is that
"\transpose" has to come after "\notes" and "\notes" is contained in the
music file.  Is there a clever way to go about this or do I simply have to
add a "\transpose" thing in the music file when I extract a transposed part?

Thanks,

David Bobroff