Re: Slur placement problem

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Slur placement problem
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 02:03:33 +0200

Carter Brey wrote:

I finished my Tchaikovsky score last month, but have been struggling with one nagging problem for weeks. In a certain passage with the two flutes, no matter what I do with /slurUp or /slurDown switches and attachment overrides, I cannot for the life of me get the slurs to come out right. I don't know whether it's a part combiner bug, or if I'm simply doing something dumb, but I can't make it so that the slurs for Flute I are above the beams and the slurs for Flute II are below the beam.

IIUC you want to typeset two separate voices - one with stems up, and one with stems down. In this case you should not use the part combiner - which is used for combining more voices into ONE voice.

You are looking for something like

 \context Voice=one { \voiceOne
 \property Voice.Slur \override #'attachment = #'(stem . stem)
 \flautoI }
 \context Voice=two { \voiceTwo
 \property Voice.Slur \override #'attachment = #'(stem . stem)
 \flautoII }

In the notes-file you should erase all \stemXXX and \slurXXX statements.

-Rune