Re: Two Problems with a SATB-Choir Score

From: Ronald Hoellwarth
Subject: Re: Two Problems with a SATB-Choir Score
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 23:03:13 +0100

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 01:15:23PM -0800, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 18:47:37 +0100 address@hidden (Ronald
> Hoellwarth) wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 01:45:35PM +0100, Ronald Hoellwarth wrote:
> > > Thanks. That helped. But now I'm facing another problem: I had some
> > > fermata in the score. With v1.4.12 I just had to do d4-\fermata on the
> > > soprano notes and e4-\fermata on the bass notes to get the fermata above
> > > the soprano-notes an below the bass-notes.
> >
> > OK. replying to my own post is an indicator that I didn't try hard
> > enough - but the fermata-problem is solved:
> >
> > d4_#'(music "scripts-dfermata")
>
> There's a better solution:
> d4_\fermata
> d4^\fermata
>
> d4-\fermata  lets Lilypond choose whether it goes up or down.

Hello Graham,

Ah. That's by far simpler the my first stab.

But: why did v1.4.12 choose to put the fermata on the bass part correctly
under the note but v1.6.5 choose (wrongy) to put the fermata above the
note into the realm of the tenor?

I told lilypond that the soprano is \VoiceOne, alto \VoiceTwo, tenor
\VoiceOne and bass \VoiceTwo and thought therefore it should (as v1.4.12
did it) place the fermata on the right side of the Staffs.

Was there a change between v1.4.12 and v1.6.5 in regard to the way it is
considered where to place things like fermata?

> Cheers,
> - Graham

greetings from crailsheim, germany
ronald höllwarth