Re: vertical alignment (possible error!)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: vertical alignment (possible error!)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:35:35 -0800

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 10:46:25 -0500
address@hidden (Suzanne E. Blatt) wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>       \property Staff.skipbars = ##t
> >
> >Why are you skipping bars?  Is there any un-skipbars?
>
> This is not what I code in, this is the output produced by NoteEdit.

OK, I'm confused.  Do you want us to help you understand how Lilypond
input files work, or do you want us to fix bugs in Noteedit export
files?

I'm willing to look for bugs in a Noteedit exported file, but in that
case, give us the whole file.  If you want to learn Lilypond (which is
what this list is normally used for), then I highly recommend writing
a few short pieces on your own (in a text editor, without using
noteedit at all).

> >I'm still not certain if the error is actually with the \translator
> >section.  Try commenting out a lot of your code, and try to get it to
>
> How do I 'comment out' my code?

Put a "%" at the beginning of the line.

> >I recommend that you use the preset paper sizess if possible.
> >for example,
> >\paper {papersize=letter}
>
> This is what I am using.  I specify this in my \paper, along with my
> linewidth and textheight, and usually in gv, it tells me that my paper

Don't specify linewidth and textheight.

> is 'A4'.  I change it to 'Letter' - still see everything on one page

When you change A4 to Letter in gv, it doesn't actually change the
postscript file; it just changes the way it's displayed on your screen.
At least, that's what I think it does.  :)

> and assume all is well - which oftentimes it is not.  Does this mean
> that the program isn't recognizing my papersize = letter ?

It looks like that.

Cheers,
- Graham