Re: How to Debug Parse Errors

From: Richard Grubb
Subject: Re: How to Debug Parse Errors
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:25:46 -0600

My problem has been resolved. The line endings were messed up. On my machine, I don't have dos2unix, but I do have dosunix which the man page said should do the same translation. Except in this case, it removed all line endings (plus some characters in column 1 and most of the ending '}'s ). I had to reinsert all of the line endings and missing characters with Nedit.

Then ly2dvi processed the file properly. LaTex barffed on the <8A> character, but I just replaced it with an 'a' and everything processed properly.

I guess I'll have to unzip and untar the source code to get good copies of example files instead of saving them from the web site through my browser.