RE: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?

From: Ray Peck
Subject: RE: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:24:34 -0800

Thanks.

My point in all of this is to get a document re-written, using Open
Source software to allow others in my group to contribute to it.

While I may be able to do some work to get this accomplished in the way
I want (e.g., writing an XSLT transform to convert the Lilypond
SVG output into an OpenOffice Draw document), I really don't
have the time to do major ports of software.

I spend my long work days doing this stuff; my evenings are reserved
for my 5-year-old son.  And I need to get this document done soon
(in weeks, not months).

So for now my game plan will be:

1. Try to get 1.7.9 to compile under Cygwin.

2. If that seems hopeless, build on my Linux box.  This would
be bad, because as I said I'll do most of this work during work
hours, and our network drops my ssh connections to home every 2
minutes or so. . .

3. Write an XSLT filter to transform the SVG output to something
that OO Draw will read.

4. If this all takes very long, I'll be drawing notation "by hand".

BTW, I loaded those two sample sodipodi svg files into the Adobe
Reader.  It renders partially, but it shows bounding boxes where
noteheads should be.  Am I missing a font?