Re: Printing transposed versions

From: Laurent Martelli
Subject: Re: Printing transposed versions
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:25:57 +0100

  Peter> On 06 Dec 2002 at 20:28, Simon Bailey wrote: <snip>
  >> i recently typeset a march for our concert band. we have
  >> instruments in F, E-flat, B-flat, C and one crazy guy who plays a
  >> D trumpet, but cannot transpose. using lilypond, i could write
  >> all parts of the march for c instruments and just transpose the
  >> parts to the correct keys for the relative instruments. including
  >> a part for the d-trumpet which was a matter of changing one line
  >> of code...
  Peter> <snip>

  Peter> I have been doing a similar exercise.  After having done 8
  Peter> songs, changing two lines (transpose line and a subtitle to
  Peter> say which instrument) and recompiling for each instrument, I
  Peter> got fed up and decided to try automating it.  I wrote an
  Peter> \include .ly file (see below) which is included in each song.
  Peter> The main script produces a score with harmony and guitar
  Peter> chords for keyboard, etc, and the \include script produces
  Peter> scores on separate pages for all the instruments, properly
  Peter> headed and transposed.

You lay have a look at http://www.bearteam.org/~laurent/partitions/.
I've built myself a set of scripts to automate the process for my jazz
tunes too. It's based on a makefile.

--
Laurent Martelli                        http://jac.aopsys.com/
address@hidden                    http://www.bearteam.org/~laurent/