Re: Ties between enharmonic pitches?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Ties between enharmonic pitches?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 00:36:45 +0100

Jonas Lindström wrote:

I would like to create a tie between two notes with enharmonic pitches,

We have had this discussion before.
The conclusion was that a construct like that made no sence and hence should not be supported by lilypond. I realize that we often see tied enharmonic notes in printed music, but I sort of agree with the main developers that it is an impossible construct (the notes ARE NOT the same note), and you really should replace the ties with a glissando - or - if you REALLY need a tie - a slur.

-Rune