Rest collision

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Rest collision
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 16:40:33 +0100

Hello,

  Doesn't rest collision take in account ties? I have a somewhat
  complex polyphonic piece in which there are two voices by staff, and
  the rest are place right in the middle of ties. The solution I'm
  going to resort to is the very useful vertical rest positioning
  system (ie.: a,4\rest), yet this situation isn't the complex one in
  which that function is the most useful -- and for which it was
  implemented.

  Is there a way to specify the... perhaps this would work best:

    \property Voice.Rest \override #'staff-position = #3

  But is there a better way to place all rests of voiceI on the top,
  and all rests of voiceII at the bottom?

--
Best regards,
 Jérémie                          mailto:address@hidden