Problems building under Solaris 8

From: Pete Young
Subject: Problems building under Solaris 8
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:21:24 -0000

Well, I'm working my way through trying to build lilypond 1-7-9 on Solaris 8
using gcc 2.95.3 and trying to fix
problems as I go but I appear to have reached a showstopper. Any help warmly
accepted.

First, I had problems with isinf not being available, which I sidestepped by
copying flower/libc-extension.cc
and flower/include/libc-extension.hh to the lily tree and adding #include
"libc-extension" to
beam.cc, glob.cc and lily-guile.cc . Ugh.

Second, I noticed that there was a syntax problem in lilylib.py which I appear
to have fixed by changing
import lilylib as ly to import lilylib, as, ly (missing commas).

Then lily/parser.yy complained that MARKUP_HEAD_SCMO_MARKUP1 was being
redefined. My attempts
to put that right results in bison complaining "parser.yy: conflicts: 2
shift/reduce

I'm stumped at this point, and I guess that some of my earlier fixes may not be
the right thing
to do.

Regards,

Pete