setup help

From: Aaron Mehl
Subject: setup help
Date: 25 Jan 2003 18:46:46 -0500

Hi I am very new to Lily Pond.
I installed from rpms and I get the following errors.
Analyzing asader2.tex...
Running latex...
ly2dvi: warning: Trying create PDF, but no PFA fonts found.
Using bitmap fonts instead. This will look poorly.
Running dvips...
Running ps2pdf...
DVI output to `asader2.dvi'...
PS output to `asader2.ps'...
PDF output to `asader2.pdf'...

I realize my system isn't properly setup yet but after reading the
manual Environment variables section I have no Idea how to do this.

If someone could help me I would most appreciate it.
BTW I am using bash for my root user and tsch shell for my local user.

address@hidden shabbos]# lilypond -v

My version of Lilypond is as follows:

GNU LilyPond 1.7.9
This is free software.  It is covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions.  Invoke as `lilypond --warranty' for more
information.

Copyright (c) 1996--2002 by
  Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>
  Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>