Re: wrong type1 font used by dvips

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: wrong type1 font used by dvips
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:12:31 +0100

I'm afraid you forgot the attachment. Anyway, have you tried if
'ly2dvi -p myfile.ly' produces PDF files with the same problems?
Without seeing any example, it's really hard to see what your
problem might be.

Han-Wen, is it possible that there's some problem with mftrace
(wrong versions of Autotrace or pfaedit or whatever) that could
cause these phenomena?

   /Mats

Thomas Willhalm wrote:
Hello,

I'm afraid I'm also stuck with pdf output. It seem like dvips does not use the correct font. The clefs and notes are garbage. An example is attached to this email.
The issued command is

   dvips -Ppdf -G0 -ulilypond Morgenlicht.dvi

It does not produce any warning or errors, but the result doesn't have
the correct fonts.
"ly2dvi -p Morgenlicht.ly" shows the same problem, but "dvips Morgenlicht.dvi" gives the correct (bitmap) font.

I recently switched to gentoo linux 1.4RC2, which comes with tetex 1.0.7. I did my own compilation of lilypond 1.6.6, running

./configure
make make pfa-fonts
make MAKE_PFA_FILES=1 install
source buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile
texhash

"kpsewhich feta20.pfa" reports
/usr/local/share/lilypond/1.6.6/fonts/type1/feta20.pfa

Any suggestions?

Thomas

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing