Making nice fonts for pdf

From: Carter Brey
Subject: Making nice fonts for pdf
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:26:59 -0500

Every time I use ps2pdf to create a Portable Document File version of a score, the output viewed through Acrobat Reader is rather choppy looking. The printout is fine; it's just the onscreen image that leaves something to be desired.

I seem to remember a post here a while back that referred to a use of something like mftrace to create pdf fonts that look good onscreen. Could someone remind me about that, and exactly what the implementation is?

Thanks so much,

Carter

--
Carter Brey (address@hidden)