Re: How to remove first score indentation?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to remove first score indentation?
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:20:46 +0100

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
I would rather keep it, but in lilypond-book the first line of music is
indented twice and all the other lines indented once. Since I don't plan to put the instrument name before any of the lines because it is obvious from context what the instrument is, how can I get the music lines to have the same left margin and indention as the text lines?

Use the noquote option to get rid of the extra indentation:
\begin[noquote]{lilypond} ... \end{lilypond}

This question has popped up a number of times since Werner Lemberg
improved the TeX code output from Lilypond. At least when using
lilypond-book together with LaTeX documents, I have never seen any
example where I didn't want the noquote option.

How about changing lilypond-book and making noquote the default?
Of course, it's always a problem to make incompatible changes, but
that's more or less what we did at the time when the noquote option was
introduced. Comments?

   /Mats