Re: great! now I have other questions ...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: great! now I have other questions ...
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:03:47 +0100

If you use the stable version and want the centered rest given by
R instead of the left adjusted one given by r, you could attach the
text to a spacing rest in a parallel line of music:
<R2. s2.^"My text">

I don't understand what you do with the empty bars, in 17/8,
you should get a two measure rest using R8*34 or
R8*17 R8*17, I just tried it myself.

I must admit I've never heard about a piece in 17/8, but I once
played a piece in alternating 11/8 and 13/8 by some Russian composer
who apparantly wrote it as a wedding march for his own wedding.
I wonder how he and his bride manage to walk in rhythm. ;-)

   /Mats

Alexandre Beneteau wrote:
Just about your last question :
You can't have markup on 'R', but you cant on 'r'

If you use lilypond 1.7.x, you may use :

\once \property Voice.MultiMeasureRestNumber \override #'text = #'(roman "my markup")

before the 'R' you want to mark...

    Alex.