Figured bass and Dual-Voice Staves

From: Mark Hymers
Subject: Figured bass and Dual-Voice Staves
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:28:24 +0100

Hi,

I now have lilypond working and have just about finished transribing a
trio sonata but there are two issues:

1) Figured bass

Some of the sections have figured bass like this:
6   where N==natural sign.

When I notate this using <_! 6>, the natural sign isn't directly beneath
the 6 (presumably it's typeset by putting it to the right of a blank
space. hence the gap).  Is there a way of fixing this.

Also with figured bass, there is one symbol missing which is a six with
a dash through it.  If my memory serves me correctly, this is the same
as 6# but if I managed to add such a symbol to the feta-nummer font,
would it be able to be incorporated?

(BTW, If I'm wrong about 6dash being the same as 6# I'd be glad to
hear!)

2) Putting two voices on a stave

The music I'm transcribing has 'cello and organ on a single stave.
In one of the movements, they're written as two parts one above the
other (i.e not in unison).  When this occurs with a dotted minim (for
instance) and the dotted minim is on a line, there are two dots, one
above and one below the line - is there a way of avoiding this.

Finally, a second problem with two voices; when both sections have a
dynamic symbol -\p or -\f at the same point, it is printed twice - is
there a way of tell lilypond to ignore all but one of them.

Thanks to anyone who can help with any of these questions.

Mark

"I'm so gorgeous, there's a six month waiting list for birds to suddenly
 appear, every time I am near!"
     Cat, Red Dwarf Series VIII - Back in the Red