\markup position control

From: David Bobroff
Subject: \markup position control
Date: 30 Apr 2003 13:29:40 +0000

The following example illustrates a problem I'm having.  The markup
associated with block rests is set farther from the staff than markup
associated with non-rest material.  Where can I find the documentation
that covers this placement?  I suspect it is something similar to the
MultiMeasureRestNumber placement that Mats helped me with but I have not
been able to find the right page with the information.  I'd like to be
able to control the distance from the staff for both block-rest markup
and markup over/under notes.

Thanks,

-David Bobroff

\score {
    \notes \relative c,{
        \clef F
        \property Score.skipBars = ##t
 \property Staff.MultiMeasureRest \override #'minimum-length = #35
         R1*9^\markup{\bold \large "Un poco meno animato"}_\markup{\number "9"}

\property Staff.MultiMeasureRest \revert #'minimum-length

        r4^\markup{\large \bold "Come prima"}a'-\ff-> ( ) b8 r r4