#'minimum-length trouble

From: David Bobroff
Subject: #'minimum-length trouble
Date: 11 May 2003 21:20:39 +0000

I'm having something odd happen.  I'm using:

\property Staff.MultiMeasureRest \override #'minimum-length = #N

quite a bit.  Now I get:

 lilypond-book falstaff.ly
lilypond-book (GNU LilyPond) 1.7.18
Reading `/home/lily-puts/falstaff/falstaff.ly'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/lilypond-book", line 1534, in ?
    do_file (input_filename)
  File "/usr/local/bin/lilypond-book", line 1396, in do_file
    chunks = chop_chunks (chunks, 'lilypond-block', make_lilypond_block,
1)
  File "/usr/local/bin/lilypond-book", line 943, in chop_chunks
    m = get_re (re_name).search (str)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion limit exceeded

If I then comment out the last addition of the \override, which brought
on the problem, I still get the above error.  If I actually remove the
commented-out material from the *.ly file the error goes away.

Two questions: 1) Why am I getting the error in the first place? and 2)
Whe does commenting out the offending code not remove the error?

I can send the file but it is over 40k.

Thanks,

David Bobroff