Re: Lute tablature

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Lute tablature
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 23:00:10 +0200

Well, a few more comments:

Rune Zedeler wrote:

#(define (fret-letter-tablature-format string tuning pitch)
  (make-string 1 (integer->char
   (+ (char->integer #\a)
   (- (ly:pitch-semitones pitch)
      (list-ref tuning (- string 1)))))))

Ofcourse this typesets modern letters. One would have to create an ancient font and use that instead...

        I also don't see any examples of tab with the note values
        indicated by stems above the staff the way the Dowland tab has
        it.

It seems like the dowland tab is typeset four times faster than the staff. I.e. quarter notes instead of whole notes, etc. This could be achieved by subtracting two from all the durlogs and multiplying all the duration factors by four.
One could probably make a nice little scheme function doing this.

-Rune