Re: request mailing list settings

From: Graham Percival
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:48:10 -0700

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:24:19 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:
> ario wrote:
> >Wouldn't it be as simple as letting the mailing list server insert
> >something like

As Paul points out, this doesn't work for people who aren't subscribed
to the mailing list.

> OTOH I appreciate that many lists like this one are set up so that
> people who are not subscribed to the list can also post.  What I have
> started to do is to choose "Reply All" and then adjust the header as
> necessary.

Most people don't bother to trim the headings (include myself, as you
can see from this email).  True, it means that sometimes you get two
copies of emails, but it's no big deal.

I recommend that people use the keyboard shortcut for "reply to all",
instead of using icons.  Then you can simply remember "hit g when replying
on a lilypond- mailing list" (for example) and then type your message.
Don't worry about the headers; it's more trouble than it's worth.

Cheers,
- Graham