can't get a foot in

From: Lance
Subject: can't get a foot in
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 17:45:23 +0800

Hello. My name is Lance and I'm a composer and pianist living is Australia.
I've been messing around with
trying to set up something with 'Lilypond' but just can't get past first base.
I'm not a computer wizard but
neither am I a total buffoon. I downloaded everything on the 'setup.exe' on the
Lilypond stable site and wound
up with something working in DOS that I couldn't fathom.

Surely there must be an easier step by step approach to the setting up of this
program. I'd love to use it for
the publishing of a book of piano works that is almost ready to start
typesetting and am sure that I could be
a constructive member of the Lilypond community given the chance to get passed
the technical gobbledygook.

Just drowning at the moment. Can somebody get me started.

Thanks.

Lance