Re: guile 1.6.4

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: guile 1.6.4
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:59:09 +0200

[I have the impression that something is messed up at gnu.org - I'm
not sure if this got through, so a repost.]

address@hidden writes:
> Related question: Why did you change the requirements from 1.6.0 to
> 1.6.4? I tried compiling Lily 1.8 against Guile 1.6.0 (fooling the
> configure script) since I had the same problem as Jan to find 1.6.4.
> As far as I could see, the program worked fine, but maybe my tests
> didn't exercise exactly the missing features.
>
> (In the end, I found the tar file for 1.6.4 at one of the Gnu mirror
> sites, so now I have upgraded as well.)

Werner Lemberg reported that GUILE 1.6.0 was missing the srfi string
library, and upgrading to 1.6.4 worked for him.

(In other words: Although It Works For Me, I Just Listen To Users.)

The problem with finding the 1.6.4 tar file is unfortunate: a break-in
was discovered at gnu.org, so now the FTP archive as has to be rebuilt.