Cygwin dll oddness

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: Cygwin dll oddness
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:55:24 +0100

I'm trying to install the latest Cygwin binary (1.7.29-11) from one of the
official Cygwin mirrors.  After installing, running lilypond --help
(or --anything) fails with a dialog error box with the following message.

"The procedure entry point __getreent could not be located in the dynamic
link library cygwin1.dll"

I've tried hosing my entire Cygwin directory and reinstalling from scratch,
but still get this message.  Anyone know what this is a symptom of?

Also tried installing from the lilypond.org mirror, but same problem.
Incidentally, downloading the package index from the lilypond.org mirror
gives another error box, containing

(null) line 25: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting NL
(null) line 25: unrecognised line 25 (do you have the latest setup)

--
chris