measure numbers and ChoirStaff

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: measure numbers and ChoirStaff
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:45:21 +0200

When typesetting choral music using ChoirStaff, the measure numbers
collide with the choir staff braces.  (This probably happens whenever
the upper staves of a system are connected using angular brackets,
although I haven't tested this much).

Ultimately, this is of course a bug, but is there a simple way to work
around it?

The measure numbers could be moved a bit up or to the left or right to
avoid the collision -- I'm afraid I don't have any hand-engraved
choral music with measure numbering on me right now, so I can't tell
you what's right.

Minimal, rather contrived example; look at the start of the second
system:

\version "1.6.9"

tenorIMusic = \notes \relative c {
  a b c d e f g a
  a b c d e f g a
  a b c d e f g a
  a b c d e f g a
  a b c d e f g a
}

\score {
    \notes
    \context ChoirStaff <
        \context Staff = tenori \context Voice = VA { \voiceOne \tenorIMusic }

Arvid