Re: quasi glissando

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: quasi glissando
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:41:58 -0700

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:24:34 +0200
Ferenc Wagner <address@hidden> wrote:
> I came across a piece with something it calls "quasi
> glissando".  It is represented as a glissando line from
> below the staff to a note.  Is it possible to produce this
> with Lilypond without resorting to invisible notes?

I can't think of a nice way offhand (you could have a glissando in the
previous bar but use huge #'extra-offset numbers to move it into the
desired bar, or you could use raw TeX commands... but those are silly
ideas).  Why not use an invisible note?  If you define macros for
\invisible and \visible (I use \inv and \unv, for example), it's quite
easy to use invisible notes.

Should I add properties for this to ly/propery-init... oh wait, it's
already there!

Simply use \hideNotes and \unHideNotes.

Cheers,
- Graham