Associating

From: Webfingers
Subject: Associating
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:59:27 -0400

Associating an text editor for lilypond .ly extention in Windows XP
here's what I did, on windows xp
1. I went to My Computer - Tools - Folder options
2. In Folder Options I clicked  the File Types tab
3. Then I clicked the New button it then opens a  create new file extention box
4. next type in .LY and click Ok
5. now look for the LY file type in the File Types list, select it and click the advanced button
6. now the edit file type box opens, click New
8. Now click the Browse button to navigate to the program/editor you would like to use to open the .ly files it's now    associated and can open and save with the .ly extension

I hope this helps