Re: upgrade advice???

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: upgrade advice???
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:18:11 -0700

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:11:46 +0300
Aaron <address@hidden> wrote:
> My question boils down to this.
> 1. I have already 50+ files in lilypond already.
> 2. I would prefer not to convert or recode what I have done.
> 3. I would like to take advantage of improvements if possible.
>
> So should I be brave/foolish and upgrade to 2.0 or wait until I finish
> this project (at least 2 months??)

Depends how much wierd scheme stuff you use.  Assuming you don't use
a lot of wierd stuff, I'd say that it's worth it.  Put aside one
or two nights to convert files -- run convert-ly, check the results,
and then make further changes as needed.

If you're on a tight deadline, then you could certainly keep on using
1.6.12 or whatever your old version of LilyPond is.

Really, you're the only person who can answer this.

Cheers,
- Graham