Re: rehearsal marks conflict with bar numbers

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: rehearsal marks conflict with bar numbers
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:40:46 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:36:15 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

How can I either raise \mark or move bar numbers so they don't conflict as they do when they are left alone and the rehearsal mark falls at the beginning of the line?

\translator{ \ScoreContext RehearsalMark \override #'padding = #1.5 }

That fixed one problem but introduced other collisions.

Why are rehearsal marks placed to the left of the clef symbol? I don't see this in other printed music or in Finale's output. Placing rehearsal marks to the right of the clef symbol would solve one of my problems and make it look like other printed music.

That's if you stick it in the \paper{} section.  You need to change it
if you want to do that within the \notes{} section.

Where do I read about how to do that? I can't seem to get that translator to work with other translators.

To move things around, you generally want to use \override #'padding = #foo.
The problem then becomes finding out what context and name it is (such
as "score" and "RehearsalMark"); that's what the docs about internals is
for.

That worked but I still have more collisions. Now the rehearsal marks collide with endings (1st and 2nd type). Multimeasure rests numbers still are covered by markup. I need to find out how to understand how to change local padding, etc. for various objects. The internals helped find the properties after I figured out it is now called Program reference. <cid:part1.04070002.00000404@ultrasw.com> Any suggestions as to where to read? Is there an inheritance diagram or some source code I can look at to see how the objects are related?

I do appreciate how much work has gone into this manual and how much you have done. I still am having problems navigating some parts of it.

Thanks,

Paul