lyric hyphens sometimes missing from the end of a line

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: lyric hyphens sometimes missing from the end of a line
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:13:34 +0100

[Yes, I know this probably should have been sent to the bug list, but
this is the list I read.  Is that OK?]

When typesetting hyphenated lyrics, when a line break happens there's
under some circumstances no hyphen before the line break.

This appears to happen when there's little space left on the line.

A hyphen is always printed after the line break, though.  A quick
glance through a number of (hand-engraved) scores seems to indidate
that this is unusual, but not unheard of.  I don't concider that a
problem as long as there's a hyphen before the line break.

Here's an example, with a workaround:

Arvid