Re: overriding accidental placement (padding)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: overriding accidental placement (padding)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:54:47 +0100

??? Do you only want to do the setting for naturals, not for
sharps and flats?

In that case, take a look at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html#move-accidentals.ly
and
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html#move-specific-text.ly
which shows how you can make a small function that checks exactly what
symbol you have and only applies the setting when you get a match.
I hope you are familiar to the Scheme language.

   /Mats

Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:
Hello, Mats:

try something like \property Score.AccidentalPlacement \override #'padding = #0.25

Thanks -- that worked.
However, it worked TOO WELL: now *all* my accidentals have extra padding!

What I'd *really* like to do is just have a little more padding between a note head and any natural sign that is immediately to its left -- all the other defaults look perfect to me. Is it possible (and, if so, reasonably easy) to be that specific about settings?

Thanks!
Kieren.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing