can Lilypond be made into a single Mac OS X binary/executable?

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: can Lilypond be made into a single Mac OS X binary/executable?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:38:34 -0500

Hello, all:

While my Lilypond-installation-screwup (still on-going!) has brought my engraving plans to a halt, I'd like to ask if/how the whole Lilypond system (TeX and all) could be made into a single executable that someone could download, install, and run without being a command-line expert. I'm happy to act as compiler/packager, as long as I know the end-user could simply double-click (or even drag-and-drop) and turn a text file into a beautiful Lilypond engraving.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Best regards,
Kieren.