Repeat with alternatives problem

From: Wong Li Jie
Subject: Repeat with alternatives problem
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 10:35:02 +0800

Hi,

I am a new user of lilypond, and I'm trying to input a piece of vocal
music like what follows:

\notes{ \repeat volta 2{c4 c c c} \alternative{{e f g r} {c1}}}
The words accompanying the music are, for eg.
la la la la la la la

and

lo lo lo lo lo

I want the following to appear as:

                 +        1 +        2 +
||: Staff ...  :|| ....................
    la la la la    la la la    lo
    lo lo lo lo                lo

The placement of the last lo is not too important, but it should either
be in line with the top or the bottom line...

How do I do this in a way that allows me to unfold the repeats to
become:

la la la la la la la    lo lo lo lo lo?

Currently I'm using
\lyrics {
\repeat fold 2 {} \alternative{{la la la la}{lo lo lo lo}}
la la la lo lo
}

but there are 2 problems:
1) I cannot unfold it correctly
2) the alignment of the words in the alternative section (the last 5
words) are centred in between the lines of the main repeat (first for
words)

Any ideas to make it work?

Thank you.