midi output questions

From: Martin Norbäck
Subject: midi output questions
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:40:39 +0100

I've just put up Mozart's Dies Irae (from the Requiem) on
www.mutopiaproject.org. However, the generated MIDI file sounds a bit
strange.

There are some strange kind of percussion sounds when I listen to it
with timidity. Maybe there is a bug in timidity. However, if i remove
one of the staffs (any staff) the strange sounds disappear.

Can somebody help me with this? I don't really know much about the
anatomy of MIDI files.

The code is at http://norpan.org/cvs/K626/ (download tarball) or at
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=364

I also have another question: I am using tremolo subdivisions in the
score (mostly because they are that way in the original score). It's
listed as a bug that they don't carry over into the MIDI output. How
hard do you think that it would be to fix so that for instance c4:16 is
output in MIDI as c16 c16 c16 c16?

Any other comments on the score are of course also welcome.

(Yes, I asked about this a long time ago, but I don't know if I got any
good answers then, so please feel free to answer again.)

Regards,

        Martin