bar number positioning at beginning of line

From: Niki Pantelias
Subject: bar number positioning at beginning of line
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:20:37 -0500

  Hi everyone,

  How might I get the bar numbers at the start of each line to appear to the
right of the clef instead of to the left?

  I have bar numbers visible for every bar, so I would prefer not to have to
apply a horizontal extra-offset to all bar numbers -- I'd like to affect only
those that occur at the start of a line.

  I've been experimenting with break-align-symbol and space-alist, but have
only succeeded in generating many warning messages :-)  I think it's likely
that I don't really understand the break-align-interface.  Can anyone shed
some light on this?

  thanks,
  -- Niki